The 2016 RAM 3500 is available in a variety of different trims and formats to fit your budget and individual needs. It has an MSRP price range from $32,285 for a Regular Cab in the base trim all the way up to $67,270 for a fully appointed Laramie Longhorn Mega Cab with the turbo-diesel V8 engine, including a vast array of options in between.
There are three different engine options available on the 2016 RAM 3500. You’ll have the option of rear-wheel or four-wheel drive and you can expect a serious level of output no matter which one you go with:
- 5.7L V8 – This base engine comes mated to a standard six-speed automatic and makes a confident 383 hp and 400 lb-ft of torque. This models can tow up to 13,910 when properly equipped.
- 6.4L V8 – The next engine in the lineup also gets a six-speed automatic and is able to get up to 410 hp and 429 lb-ft of torque while towing up to a max of 16,520 pounds.
- Turbo-Diesel 6.7L I-6 – At the top of the lineup is a turbo-diesel 6.7L inline-six engine that is available with three different transmission options. The heftiest of these is an Aisin automatic, which enables this powertrain to pump out 385 hp and a best-in-class 900 lb-ft of torque. That’s enough power for this truck to tow up to a segment leading 31,210 pounds when equipped properly.
The 2016 RAM 3500 is a rugged performer on the outside, but that doesn’t prevent it from opening you up to significant levels of intuitive sophistication inside the cabin:
- Uconnect Access – The days of being on the job without a good connection are over when you go with the Uconnect Access package. This subscription-based service gives you portable Wi-Fi, voice-activated text messaging, and emergency telematics.
- Upfitter Switches – This easy-to-use switch interface allows you to simply connect external features like plows and tow lights directly to the truck’s electrical system without having to have it rigged up aftermarket.
- Infotainment Center – Depending on the trim you choose, this 8.4-inch touchscreen can give you access to satellite radio, smartphone apps, climate control, your Uconnect Access system, a navigation system, and more.
The 2016 RAM 3500 interior is available as a two-door regular cab that seats three, a four-door crew cab that seats six, and a Mega Cab which gives you even more room to stretch out than a typical crew cab. The materials inside vary greatly depending on which trim level you choose. At the base trim level, a basic work truck comes with vinyl upholstery and vinyl flooring, along with the option of heavy duty vinyl upholstery. As you move up the trim ladder, you’ll be introduced to chrome accents, more soft-touch surfaces, premium leather upholstery, genuine wood trim accents, and heated front and rear seats.
RAM 3500 Reviews
It comes as no surprise that this heavy duty pickup is gathering serious levels of praise:
- Edmunds – “The 2016 Ram 3500 is a top pick for a heavy-duty truck thanks to its refined, well-equipped interior and astounding towing and hauling capabilities.”
- Kelley Blue Book – “[T]he Ram 3500 equipped with the high-output Cummins turbodiesel with its class-leading 900 lb-ft of torque can tow up to 31,210 pounds. Yet despite its capability, the big Ram trucks are comfortable thanks to a multi-link rear suspension.”
Secure Financing on the 2016 RAM 3500 Today
No matter what kind of job you need to get done, you can count on the 2016 RAM 3500 to deliver genuine heavy duty, durable, and dependable performance—every single time. The new RAM 3500 is available now at Findlay Chrysler Jeep Dodge RAM, serving Portland, Vancouver, and Beaverton drivers at 25600 S.W. Parkway Center Drive in Wilsonville, OR. You can contact us online or by phone at (503) 563-7222 if you have any questions.