Jeep Wrangler History 101
Almost everyone knows that the 2018 Jeep Wrangler has decades-old roots, but unless you’ve done your research, you may not know just how deep these roots go! Before you take the time to get behind the wheel, make sure you know the facts.
- 1945: The World War II Jeep, once utilized by American soldiers, is converted into a mass-market model—the CJ or Consumer Jeep—by Willys-Overland.
- 1986: The 1987 Jeep Wrangler, a visual descendant of the discontinued CJ, is unveiled at the Chicago Auto Show. This original Jeep will become known as the Wrangler YJ.
- 1996: The second-generation Jeep Wrangler is introduced. The 1997 Wrangler TJ regains the rounded headlights of its distant past and receives coil spring suspension.
- 2006: The fully-renovated 2007 Jeep Wrangler JK is brought on the market. This time around, it’s available in a classic 2-door or a new 4-door iteration.
- 2017: In late 2017, the engineers at Jeep debuted the all-new 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL. Nearly every component in this still-adventurous vehicle, from the powertrain to the interior, has been redesigned with luxury in mind.
Test Drive the Jeep Wrangler in Wilsonville at Wilsonville Jeep Ram
The 2018 Jeep Wrangler’s history and standard owners’ benefits make it one of a kind, and there’s never been a better time to take one of our new vehicles for a test drive. When you visit your friends at Wilsonville Jeep RAM, we’ll help you value your trade-in and get the financing you need. Drivers from Wilsonville, Sherwood , and Salem can contact us today to get started.
Maternity, childhood, high school graduation, weddings: These milestones are fleeting, but memories last a lifetime. When you have a photographer who knows how to tell your story, those memories can come to life next time you open your photo album or glance at the framed portrait on your wall. No matter what special moment you’re…
Portland takes its coffee seriously. After all, what better way to perk up on a rainy day than with a well-crafted pour-over? But with so many independent coffee shops to choose from, it can be hard to decide where to go. That’s why we’re sharing our best picks. Read on to discover our favorite coffee…
With some of the oldest established outdoor climbing in the United States, it’s no wonder that Oregon is saturated with different indoor rock climbing gyms. Smith Rock State Park is a mere three hours away from Portland, so training for classic five-star routes is a must. And if you’re new to climbing, any one of…