Jeep Wrangler History 101
Almost everyone knows that the 2018 Jeep Wrangler has decades-old roots, but unless you’ve done your research, you may not know just how deep these roots go! Before you take the time to get behind the wheel, make sure you know the facts.
- 1945: The World War II Jeep, once utilized by American soldiers, is converted into a mass-market model—the CJ or Consumer Jeep—by Willys-Overland.
- 1986: The 1987 Jeep Wrangler, a visual descendant of the discontinued CJ, is unveiled at the Chicago Auto Show. This original Jeep will become known as the Wrangler YJ.
- 1996: The second-generation Jeep Wrangler is introduced. The 1997 Wrangler TJ regains the rounded headlights of its distant past and receives coil spring suspension.
- 2006: The fully-renovated 2007 Jeep Wrangler JK is brought on the market. This time around, it’s available in a classic 2-door or a new 4-door iteration.
- 2017: In late 2017, the engineers at Jeep debuted the all-new 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL. Nearly every component in this still-adventurous vehicle, from the powertrain to the interior, has been redesigned with luxury in mind.
Test Drive the Jeep Wrangler in Wilsonville at Wilsonville Jeep Ram
The 2018 Jeep Wrangler’s history and standard owners’ benefits make it one of a kind, and there’s never been a better time to take one of our new vehicles for a test drive. When you visit your friends at Wilsonville Jeep RAM, we’ll help you value your trade-in and get the financing you need. Drivers from Wilsonville, Sherwood , and Salem can contact us today to get started.
The Clackamas Women’s Service center is a safe space where women suffering from domestic abuse, sexual violence, stalking, intimate partner violence and dating violence, and elder abuse can seek refuge and find help. They work to provide a variety of different programs and shelters in order to help women and children find peace and get…
New Inventory Used Inventory New Specials Have you heard the news that Wilsonville CDJR was recognized as a Top Car Dealership in the U.S. as awarded by DealerRater? This prestigious award is all thanks to our team’s dedication to helping the drivers of Wilsonville, Woodburn, and Portland find the perfect vehicles to fit your lifestyle…
Do you want to step back in time? Then you’ll love taking a visit to the Historic Butteville Store! As an iconic historical landmark and the oldest continuously operating retail establishment in Oregon, this is definitely a destination to put at the top of your list. You can learn a little more about the Historic…