Car Leaking Advice
If you’ve noticed that your vehicle is leaking while you’re driving around Salem, you probably have two questions on your mind: One, why is your car leaking? And two, what exactly is leaking from it? Even if you don’t have a Chrysler, Jeep, Dodge, Ram, Wilsonville Jeep Ram can help you answer both of these questions:
• Pink/Red Fluid: If you see pink or red fluid leaking from your car, don’t worry. It’s likely either power steering fluid or transmission fluid. Our highly-qualified technicians at Wilsonville Jeep Ram can help diagnose whether the problem affects the transmission or power steering system.
• Dark Brown Fluid: Another slightly disgusting appearance, dark brown fluid typically involves issues with either brake fluid or motor oil. Motor oil turns dark brown and becomes more viscous after a significant amount of time. Either of these issues can result in potentially life-threatening problems, so be sure to take your vehicle into a service center as soon as you notice dark brown fluid.
• Light Brown Fluid: Typically, light brown fluid indicates either motor oil or gear lubricant. The way you can tell is that gear lubricant has a significant odor, while motor oil only smells if it is on fire.
• Green Fluid: The presence of green fluid is usually a clear indication of antifreeze leaks. This problem is often caused by loose hoses or clamps. Make sure you’re using the right antifreeze by checking your owner’s manual.
• Blue Fluid: Blue fluid is 99.9% of the time windshield wiper fluid. This is an easy fix as our Wilsonville technicians can quickly identify leaking components and patch the system up to ensure it does not continue to leak.
• Clear Fluid: Fortunately, clear fluid leaks are nothing to be worried about. In fact, if you notice clear fluid, Wilsonville Jeep Ram has some good news for you: Your vehicle’s air conditioning system is working properly, and the fluid you’ve noticed is simply condensation emitted from this system.
Get Great Deals on Service at Wilsonville Jeep Ram
Whether you’re looking for an affordable oil change or other maintenance work, Wilsonville Jeep Ram is here to help with great deals on affordable service performed by highly-qualified technicians. Contact our service department to get started!
The Rotary Club of Wilsonville, Oregon has been serving the community for over forty years since it was founded in 1975. They’re dedicated to both local and international service projects in order to create a better environment for everyone. Through clubs, fundraising events, and donations, they’re able to fund organizations and charities. Wilsonville Rotary Programs…
If you call Wilsonville, Woodburn, or Portland home, you have plenty of opportunities to help out in your community. To give you an idea of some of the ways you can be of assistance, we’ve compiled the following food banks near Portland, OR. Dive in to see how you can be of service. Crossroads Church…
Autumn is upon us, and you know what that means! Apple-picking, pumpkin spice lattes, apple pie, and, of course, pumpkin carving. Before you can get carving, however, you’re going to need to pick the perfect pumpkin, and we’ve got just the spot! The Portland area has so many great pumpkin patches to visit to celebrate…
We are currently updating our Service Specials. Please check back soon.